Notice of Public Hearing – Proposed Amendment to CD-7 Zone – Kimberley Crossing
The City of Kimberley is considering an amendment to the Kimberley Zoning Bylaw No. 1850.
An application has been received that proposes amendments to the CD-7 Comprehensive Development Zone. The changes are intended to allow for development of an approximate 2 hectare (5 acre) property situated south of Highway 95A and 305th Street between Marysville Falls (Mark Creek) and the Kimberley Golf Course (see map link below).
The proposed development concept for the subject property is a campus-of-care aging-in-place facility that involves a mix of seniors and supportive housing units, two-family dwelling units and accessory health consulting and treatment services. A summary of the proposed changes to the CD-7 zone set out in Bylaw No. 2545 (Amendment No. 128, 2016 to Zoning Bylaw No. 1850) include:
- Add seniors' and supportive housing, delete multiple family dwellings, as permitted housing types;
- Add health consulting and treatment services as permissible accessory uses;
- Increase maximum permissible number of units from 65 to 132, including up to 18 two-family dwelling units;
- Maximum gross floor area of two-family dwelling units = 90m2 (968sq.ft.), a reduction from current regulations;
- Maximum gross floor area of seniors’ or supportive housing units = 80m2 (861sq.ft);
- Maximum height of seniors’ or supportive housing buildings = 15.24m (50ft.);
- Deletion of the affordable housing and community amenity requirements.
A second Public Hearing for proposed Bylaw 2545 will be held on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 7:00 pm in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 340 Spokane Street, Kimberley, BC.
If you believe that your interest in property is affected by the proposed bylaw, you may:
a. Submit written presentations to City Hall (drop-off, email Planning@Kimberley.ca or fax 250-427-5252) prior to the hearing, or
b. Submit written and/or verbal presentations at the hearing.
All submissions will form part of the public record. Public hearing submissions received in advance will be included, in their entirety, in the public information package. Council is not able to receive further information or submissions after the conclusion of the public hearing.
You may view the proposed amending bylaw and the supporting documentation, at the links below, or at City Hall, 340 Spokane Street, Kimberley, BC, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm weekdays until the date of the hearing.
For further information, please contact Planning Services at City Hall, 250-427-9664 or Planning@Kimberley.ca.