The City of Kimberley is currently undertaking a major update to their Official Community Plan. There have been some minor amendments made over the past 10 years, however, no substantive changes have been made to keep up-to-date with other planning initiatives the City has undertaken. A number of revisions to update and align the OCP Goals, Objectives, and Policies, as well as improving the overall implementation of the Plan are required.
- Official Community Plan Update Backgrounder document (Click HERE)
- Current Official Community Plan - 2005
- How can I get involved with updating the Official Community Plan?
- Complete the Community Survey and enter for a chance to win a 1-month pass to the Kimberley Aquatic Centre
- What is an Official Community Plan?
- Why do we have an Official Community Plan?
- Why should I care about the Official Community Plan?
- Public involvement is core to the development of the OCP. We will maintain some pieces of the 2005 OCP that have worked well, but will update and expand the plan to address the many changes that have taken place in our community over the past ten years. Our OCP will be a community-driven process, developed through visionary and collaborative processes with stakeholders, business interests, community groups, and residents.
- The City will consult with a number of community organizations and stakeholders. We want to hear from as many community members as possible. This OCP review process is a wonderful opportunity for Kimberley residents to share insights and help us to address communal challenges.
We will also be using PlaceSpeak, an online engagement tool, so that community members can get involved when and where it is convenient. Click on "Connect Now" below and check it out!
For more information please contact Planning Services at 250.427.5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org