Garbage Schedules and Information
Effective Monday, August 29, 2016 the City of Kimberley Garbage Collection Routes changed.
To view the Public Notice regarding the changes click HERE
To view the updated garbage schedule MAP click HERE
Garbage collection in Kimberley is handled via routes that are regularly scheduled Monday through Friday each week. Find out when garbage will be collected in your neighbourhood.
2017 Spring Clean-up is from May 1 through 12, excluding weekends. Click HERE to see when to put out your yard waste.
Holiday Pick-Up Schedule: 2017 Holiday Waste Collection Schedule
Pick-up begins at 7:00 am, and garbage must not be set out before 5:00 am on garbage collection day – unattended garbage attracts bears and other wildlife.
- Garbage must be set at the curb in garbage cans with tight fitting lids.
- No loose garbage may be placed in the garbage cans
- Garbage must be contained in plastic garbage bags and the bags must be tied closed.
- Each household may put out a maximum of two garbage cans (two garbage bags allowed in each garbage can). See our garbage can specifications for sizes.
- Garbage cans must be kept clean as smelly garbage cans also attract wildlife.
No recyclable materials will be collected. All yard and garden waste, paper, cardboard, glass containers, etc. are to be taken to the Kimberley Transfer Station at 800 Jim Ogilvie Way. There are also yellow bins set out in key locations around the City for recycling paper, cardboard, tin & aluminum cans and plastic milk jugs.
The Recycling Program and the Transfer Station are managed by the Regional District of the East Kootenay (RDEK). Please click on the following links for more information on recycling and on what is accepted at the Transfer Station:
To read the current Solid Waste Rates & Regulations Bylaw No 2520, 2015, click HERE
Route I - Monday
- North Star, Trickle Creek, Ski Hill
- Swan Sub, Levirs Avenue
- Upper Blarchmont to Burdett Street, including Chapman Street, Fortier Street, Buchanan Street, Staples Street, Otis Street, Ham Street, Thompson Street
- Commercial pickup
Route I – Tuesday
- Lower Blarchmont - Creekside Trailer Court to Archibald Street
- The Bench (Dewolfe)
- Black Bear area including Mark Creek Crossing
- Chapman Camp Area (100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 Avenues)
Route II – Wednesday
Sunflower Drive, Riverbend Road, River Ridge Way, Tamarack Lane
Route III – Thursday
- Morrison Subdivision
- Lois Creek
Route IV – Friday
- City Centre
- Rotary Drive north of the Skateboard Park
- Catholic Church Area
- Selkirk Secondary School Area
- Commercial pickup
- Ross Street, Downtown Residents & Mark Street
- Forest Crowne
For more information, please contact the Operations Department at 250.427.9660 or Operations@kimberley.ca.