Kimberley’s water consumption is far higher than the Canadian average.
In an effort to make Kimberley’s water use more efficient and effective, the City of Kimberley has implemented the following mandatory outdoor watering measures:
- Residents of properties with even-numbered addresses water only on even-numbered calendar days (eg Aug 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc).
- Residents of properties with odd-numbered addresses water only on odd-numbered calendar days (eg Aug 1st, 3rd, 5th etc).
- Watering is to be done ONLY between the hours of 4:00 am to 10:00 am AND 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Automatic irrigation systems usually offer the option of activating the system at specified times, using the times and odd/even system described above.
- All outdoor hoses should be equipped with spring-loaded shut-off nozzles for any use by hand.
- Hand watering of plants using a hose with a spring-loaded shut-off nozzle or a hand-held container can be done at any time.
- More frequent watering of newly laid sod or newly seeded lawns is expected. Please call City Hall to advise if you plan additional watering for new lawns.
More information on water conservation may be found by clicking HERE
The City of Kimberley has the Water Shortage Response Bylaw #2527
For any questions, please contact the Operations Department at 250.427.9660.